Skyrim How to Restar a Quest Again Thru Console Commands
#1
Posted May 26, 2022 - 08:fifteen PM
(I'one thousand on PC and am trying to join the Stormcloaks)
I encountered an event that was, manifestly, supposed to have been fixed in the 1.4 patch. I had completed "Joining the Stormcloaks" and had begun "The Jagged Crown," and I had gotten the "Seasons Unending" quest from the Greybeards. However, I was unable to start the dialogue with Ulfric and ask him to attend the peace meeting. So I did what any frustrated gal would exercise, and I googled the trouble. The first upshot I institute pertaining to my trouble suggested that I use the "resetquest" console command on "The Jagged Crown" quest, so that'south what I did, and it worked- I could talk to Ulfric again without him telling me I should exist with Galmar.
So I went through the entirety of the main questline and then some before I decided that I wanted to the Civil State of war quests. But when I went to Ulfric and Galmar to become "The Jagged Crown" quest, they had their little chat about the Crown and then... nada.
I'm non given the quest, no thing how many times I use console commands to reset the quest- I fifty-fifty tried irresolute the stage using the setstage commands, just nada. Nothin. Talking to Galmar gives me the two generic questions that he has as basic dialogue, and it'due south the same with Ulfric.
I would really adopt to non have to become all the way back to my last save earlier I reset the quest, because and so I would take to redo the residue of the chief questline after the peace treaty.
Is there any style for me to resolve this consequence? No console commands that I have tried are working, and whenever I utilize that sqv command then it says that it's "stopped" and not enabled. Startquest doesn't piece of work either.
I've tried just going to the dungeon, and I went through the whole thing and nabbed the Crown itself (the Imperials weren't hostile- at that place was a group of Stormcloaks waiting outside the dungeon, just neither Galmar or Ralof were there) but I couldn't give it to Ulfric, not even when I used setstage to the phase where you're supposed to give it to him.
Completequest does pop up with the "Completed: The Jagged Crown," just and so I am unable to get-go the next quest even with panel commands.
Is there any fashion to fix this, or am I merely screwed?
-
Dorsum to top
#2
Posted May 26, 2022 - 08:56 PM
The Ceremonious War quest line has quite a few bugs, so it'due south not surprising that y'all've ran into issues. However, they're commonly very easy to solve using the setstage control so long as you're willing to bypass a fleck of role-playing. The fact that you lot've already tried setstage without success is a bit worrying; it may indicate that you've acquired some problems with previous commands that weren't apparent until now.
Completequest shouldn't ever be used. It's a buggy command and information technology's hard to ever be certain what's going on with it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it only updates the journal (hence your "Completed" pop-up) without actually changing annihilation else. Setstage is a better alternative.
What phase of Jagged Crown were yous supposed to be at prior to doing completequest? I'm assuming resetquest put you at phase 0 -- i.east. "I've decided to help the Stormcloaks drive the Empire out of Skyrim. I should talk to Galmar Rock-Fist to get my get-go assignment." -- but did you successfully exercise anything after that?
Assuming 1) you haven't saved your game since trying completequest, and 2) that y'all have the crown in your possession, try the following.
setstage CW02B 180
Alternatively, try the following two commands in succession...
resetquest CW02B
setstage CW02B thirty
Let me know what happens (if anything).
-
Back to top
#iii
Posted May 26, 2022 - 09:fourteen PM
Thanks for the response!
I was at the part where I was supposed run into upward with the Stormcloaks exterior of the dungeon that the Jagged Crown is in, earlier I reset information technology.
I did have a few saves before the completequest command, but trying those commands unfortunately did nothing. I have no idea what would crusade them to non work
-
Back to superlative
#4
Posted May 26, 2022 - 10:01 PM
Effort the following 2 commands in succession...
setstage CW02B 200
setstage CW03 10
Hopefully that will outset Message to Whiterun.
-
Dorsum to top
#5
Posted May 26, 2022 - 10:14 PM
Aha!! Yes, that worked! Thank yous so much!
- David likes this
-
Back to superlative
#6
Posted May 28, 2022 - 09:26 AM
as well, for future ref. You don't need to console lawmaking that, you lot tin can just starting time fighting the war with the stormcloaks for one or 2 quests and you will be given the opportunity to converse with Ulfric at some point about the peace con. patience, there are certain things well-nigh being a stormcloak that need to be moved out of the way first.
If this doesnt make whatsoever sense its because i was too lazy to read further than the first paragraph of the first post of this thread... my bad.
-
Back to acme
tarkingtonhattond.blogspot.com
Source: https://eldersouls.com/topic/5848-reset-the-jagged-crown-via-console-commands-in-order-to-do-seasons-unending-unable-to-continue-tjc/
Postar um comentário for "Skyrim How to Restar a Quest Again Thru Console Commands"